Supporting the development of the whole child
At our centre we are committed to supporting positive relationships between staff, parents and children. We believe that quality interactions with educators and peers will facilitate experiences that empower children to develop strategies for active exploration, thinking and reasoning as they grow to become confident and competent learners.
Our centre is actively committed to the process of continuous improvement. We involve all stakeholders in the process of reflective practice with the implementation of the National Quality Standards and National Regulations using consultation and critical reflection methods.
For your child:
- To develop and maintain a ‘learning through play’ curriculum, that reflects the Early Years Learning Framework, and supports, develops and extends the needs and interests of your child.
- To provide learning through play programs that support the development of the ‘whole child’.
- To provide a physically safe and emotionally secure environment where your child can learn and have fun.
- To encourage your child’s awareness and respect of diverse cultures while also bridging the gap between indigenous, non-indigenous and special needs.
- To encourage a rich and engaging environment where your child’s voice is heard and acted upon.
For your family:
- To develop and maintain positive staff-family relations through collaborative practices and an ‘open-door’ policy.
- To provide a community service that meets the needs of your child and your family.
- To establish open communication through various channels for the exchange of information between families and educators.
- To act as a link between your family and other community services.
- To involve your family in the planning and implementation of our centre’s philosophy, policies and the programs.